Thursday 9 August 2007

Ravelry

I've just signed up to join Ravelry.


I immediately went to the "where am I section?" and there are over 24,000 people signed up to join and I am the last one on the list. Apparently, 34% of the list have received their invitation. I suspect this could take a while.

I'm such a technophobe. I successfully ignored 'My Space' but I've been rumbled by 'Facebook'. In the end, it was a case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" as I was receiving messages most days from pals who have Facebook accounts. It felt almost churlish to request their friendship emails, being as I am so cack at keeping in touch with people to start with.

However, I'm glad I succumbed. Various friends from University, who I thought I'd lost contact with forever, emailed me. Life is nice.

10 comments:

Kai said...

I know the feeling. I've joined up on Ravelry and am awating my invite (long way to go yet) and I've succumbed to facebook too... peer pressure, what can i say?!

Linda said...

I think that one day no one will ever need to go out as we will all communicate and work via the internet!!! I am only just in front of you in the Ravelry queue.

Anonymous said...

I'm in and it's lovely. :P

Casey has ordered his servers now, so things are progressing and with a bit of luck you won't be waiting however many weeks it would be at 1200 invites a week.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cool - I'm looking forward to getting in!

Fiona Reynolds said...

PS Kai - Do you have a new blog address? My link isn't working.

Auntie Noo said...

Tip for Ravelry - you may as well start taking photos of all that stash, and loading them into Flickr, 'cos it's a pain to get in there and realise that it would all be so much better with photos you don't have!!!

gilraen said...

Ravelry is in Beta and will eventually be open to every one who wants to join :)Casey reckons before the total number would be due to get in at current invite rate too. :D

Auntie Noo is so right photograph your stash yarn by yarn if you want to have an online inventory of your yarn. I didn't and am still adding mine! weeks later. :)

Fiona I have nominated you on my blog :) Congrats :)

Fiona Reynolds said...

Cheers for the nomination, Gilraen.

belaybunny said...

I'm still waiting for my ravelry invite too!! there's about 6000 people in front of me.

Lindsey said...

I'm with you, too. I was in the middle of the Ravelry sign-ups, I think--just a few thousand people to go before me now! :-) Facebook I resisted for quite a while....but I had pictures to share with my students from a class trip, and none of them had heard of flickr! They all said if I wanted to share the trip pictures, I had to use facebook, they weren't willing to try anything new....so who's really the technophobe there? :-) I don't use it much, though...