Thursday 23 August 2007

Baking and Chav Update

Hmm, this is supposed to be a knitting blog, but for the second post in a row, there doesn't appear to have been much of the string-craft taking place. The SIL, BIL and nephew are visiting at the weekend, and this combined with the fact that the MIL gave me a huge bag of plums from her garden last weekend, has resulted in this...



A plum and blackberry crumble which looks and smells much better than this... (6oz plain flour; 3oz butter 'sifted' into breadcrumbs; then mixed with 3oz brown sugar and mixed spice). I picked the blackberries two weeks ago, put them in a bag with a couple of spoons sugar and stuck 'em in the freezer until I needed them.

And there were still more plums left... so here's a plum cake. I'm really pleased with this. The recipe is available here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/ggg_80532.shtml



For anyone who was reading my blog in May, I have news on the scabby chav who punched
me in the face. (For anyone who wasn't... I was walking down the street one afternoon, when a delightful young lady - as the police refer to her - decided to smack me in the nose).

Anyway... the police have been very good about keeping me up-to-date with what has been happening with their enquiries. However, the girl is now in the "care of social services" in a small town more than several miles outside Manchester, and has declined to pop into the local police station to answer questions. It's unlikely that it will get as far as a 'line-up', and to be honest, unless the girl wore a bright purple tracksuit again, I'm not sure I'd recognise her.

6 comments:

Auntie Noo said...

oooh that all looks scrummy!

Kai said...

i'm hungry now. need cake.. :)

good news on the 'chav'.

Hellbelle said...

The puds do look yummy!


And yes! Please do consider yourself nominated! :)

Hx

Piglottie said...

The plum cake looks delicious! Glad the police are keeping you informed of what's going on. I still think you handled the whole matter so bravely and with a great deal of dignity.

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thanks, Piglottie - that's so kind of you. Am blushing.

And cheers, Helen!!

Seahorse said...

Gorgeous baking!

Here's hoping Ms Chav can be shown the error of her ways in her new home... I hope you're able to put it all behind you, one way or another.