Friday 20 April 2007

More Yarn!

My brother and his wife are having another baby. They don't know whether it will be a boy or girl but it's due in November. (Phew! Lots of time).

I jokingly asked if they could find out so I would know what to knit. (I think they thought I was serious).


Anyway, what was that announcement but a justification for more shopping? So, above is some "Opal - Lollipop" which I intend to use to make "Archie" and "Snug" ('Rowan Babies'). I think this colourway would work well for a boy or girl. They're a hat and jacket set. (I'm going to do the hat band in blue). I'll wait and see before I do the buttons. :-)
PS. Since the house went on the market (Saturday), we've had five viewers and two drive-bys (without the guns. This might be Manchester but I live in a very quiet street). The amazing news is that we have had an offer...for the full asking price...yesterday...less than a week since it went on the market. I'm in shock, I didn't think it would sell that quickly!
We looked at two places on Tuesday. In one, the interior walls were full of holes and when we went to the second... we spotted a huge security camera on the outside wall. Now, why do you suppose they would feel the need for that? It out us off. More house hunting tomorrow.
The couple who want to buy ours are first time buyers (like we were when we bought it) and are living with his parents. They're not in a rush for us to move out until we find a place so there's no pressure to make ourselves homeless. Phew!

5 comments:

Kai said...

the lollipop will definitely work for either baby girl or baby boy!

congrats on the house!! yay!

gilraen said...

Yippee! Good News at last. :)

Congrats on the house. :)

The lollipop colours will definitely do on boy or girl. :)

Classic Holiday has some lovely halter neck tops etc :), and a lot of crochet :(, I can't crochet. I got it for £3 in Knit Tin so it was worth it. But not worth full price.

Linda said...

Those yarns will be lovely for baby stuff. I want a baby to knit for, only to knit for though!!

dreamcatcher said...

Wow, congrats on the offer, first time buyers too which is great! Hope you can find somewhere lovely very soon.

Hellbelle said...

Ooh, fingers crossed for the house sale :)

Opal yarn makes really good baby clothes, I made a cardy for a friend of mine's kiddy and she loved it. Babies like brightly coloured stuff.