Saturday 14 April 2007

Odds and Ends

After I finished "Tulip", I did some more "using up the sock yarn for charity" and here's a hat and bootees in "Rainforest - Flamingo".



I also started some early Christmas knitting. This is the start of a Christmas Stocking for the BF's nephew Thomas. I'm basically enlarging the free "Opal" pattern and doing it in DK on 4mm needles. Knitting with hedgehogs? This baby's knitting with porcupines!



This is actually red wool, not orange. I've designed this myself. I'm going to do Fairisle including Thomas's name and some Christmas Trees. Then it's going to be a garish stripe design (green and red) with a red heel and toe. I'm starting it now so I can get bored and skip to other projects, and actually get it finished.



Finally, here's some more socks for me! (It's been a while). This is "Opal - Rainforest - Blue Frog" and it was sent to me in the Springtime Secret Santa goodie haul. It's about time I started knitting with it. :-)

As for house selling... I'm about to have an argument with the estate agent so I'll get back to you when I have finished that.

3 comments:

gilraen said...

Lovely idea about the Christmas stocking. :)

Kai said...

i love the little charity items! :)

and the stocking sounds interesting.. waiting to see how that turns out!

Love the Opal you're using for your socks.. Yummy..

Good luck with the estate agent.. grrr

Hellbelle said...

That baby set is just too cute!

I can't believe you've started on your Christmas knitting - that is too organised by half!