Friday 8 January 2010

Regretsy

Many people and friends have Etsy shops where they sell the beautiful things they make. However, there is a dark side to Etsy... Regretsy... I stumbled across this site months ago and have been meaning to talk about it here. As ever, I finally manage to, just as the site owner is becoming popular - we're talking book deal popular - and everyone has already seen her work of art.

Bugger.

The true horror of it all can be found here: http://www.regretsy.com/

I don't know what I love more - the awfulness of some of the creations, the posts by their creators or Regretsy's comments.

Obviously, this site could offend the crafters who have worked so hard on their products. However, the main complaint was that Regretsy did not link back to their site in case viewers wanted to buy.

As a taster of some of what's on offer...

Apparently, these are intended for adult women.



Oh My God! You've got a dead dove coming out of your head!



Words have failed me. It's a ...Unic
orn...Pig...Hat... for the inner child within us all. My inner child has run away screaming and will be in counselling for the rest of her life.

No comments: