Wednesday 13 January 2010

New Year, New Knits

Finally, here are some pictures of the things I am knitting at the moment.

This is the "Point Edge Wrap" (DB Cathay) that is actually knitted in "Muskat" (DK Egyptian Cotton) which I bought at Ally Pally in 2008. It's a fantastically easy knit: garter stitch with a very simple lace edge. It was fun and transported well (as I took it with me on the Great Northern Christmas Cross Country Dash AKA visiting all the relatives).



It's currently blocking so I'll post a photo of the full item once it's dry.

Can you guess what it is yet?



Yes, it is indeed sock yarn ("Regia - Silk" 4ply) and it's another stash buster. I'm knitting a jumper (a jumper! in 4ply!) which is a pattern from the lovely 'Web of Wool' people. The front and back are knitted in two pieces and stitched up the middle so the self-patterning effects aren't lost. Surprisingly (a jumper in 4ply!) it's knitting up really fast. The back is upstairs blocking, as I type and here is the front. One of the sleeves is on the needles.



And, I've already broken a resolution - the none shopping one, naturally.



How could I resist? It was £4.19 on Ebay! I also picked up a bargain of sock yarn at "Kemps" online shop. Enough "Regia " for four pairs of socks, for under a tenner.

2 comments:

ClaireMcDee said...

Hi Fiona,

Sorry, I've misplaced phone numbers and email addresses so this seemed like the best way of getting in touch!
Happy New Year! Will you be coming to knitting tonight? Looking forward to seeing some of your projects, hope to see you there!
Claire x

Anonymous said...

Love the jumper in the sock yard, I would love an enormous big cardy in something like that. Currently having a go at knitting some socks, done a couple as plain and tonight, the big night starting my first patterned pair. wish me luck.

Netty