Monday 4 January 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.



So, have I made any resolutions? Not really. I've got a few to carry over from last year but this year I intend to enjoy my knitting rather than turn it into a chore. So, I won't be making any more jumpers for the BF (he loves his latest but is well jumpered out); or cardigans for my Granda (he has three and absolutely loves the latest even though I thought it was a monstrosity); or anything other than accessories for Niece No 1 (at 7 she has reached her knitted goodness limit).

So, in 2009 I mostly knitted and sewed:

Stash Busted 2009 (from 'old' stock)
  • "Admiral R Druck" socks for me in basketweave pattern.
  • "Colinette Jitterbug - Lapis" socks for me.
  • "Fortissima - Colori" socks for the BF.
  • "Fortissima Colori" - more socks for the BF.
  • "Middle Earth Yarns - Captain Jack" socks for me in 'Cartridge Rib'.
  • "Middle Earth Yarns - Davy Jones" socks for me
  • "Regia - Colour - Avenue" socks for Thomas.
  • "Rowan Silk Tweed" "Deep" (Rowan 39) for my Mam.
  • "Thomas the Tank Engine" jumper for Thomas.
  • Patchwork blanket for a friend's baby.
  • Two pairs of cobbled-together socks for Thomas.
(Gift) Knitting (bought new)
  • "Bo" (Rowan Babies) for Nephew.
  • "Buster" (Rowan Babies) for Nephew.
  • "Buster" (Rowan Babies) for Niece No 2.
  • "Hans" (Rowan Babies) for Niece No 2.
  • "King Cole - Zig-Zag" socks for Liz.
  • "On-Line - Circle" socks for Debs.
  • "On-Line - Circle" socks for my Mam.
  • "On-Line - Circle" socks for Niece Number 1.
  • "On-Line - Circle" socks for SIL.
  • "On-Line Circle" socks for FIL.
  • "On-Line Circle" socks for Step-Dad.
  • "Opal - Circle" socks for my Auntie.
  • "Opal" gloves for Step-Dad.
  • "Regia - Colour - Avenue" socks for the boss.
  • "Retro Jumper" in "Jaegar Extra Fine Merino" for the BF.
  • "Retropolitan 4.0" for my Granda.
  • "Rico" socks for BF.
  • "Rico" socks for Brother.
  • "Rico" socks for my Granda (yes, another pair).
  • "Rico" socks for my Granda.
  • "Rico" socks for SIL.
  • "Rico" socks for the BF.
  • "Rico" socks for the BF.
  • "Rico" socks for the Debs.
  • "Rico" socks for the Neice Number 1.
  • "Vintage Swing Coat" (Sublime) for Niece No 1.
  • "Wendy - Happy" socks for MIL.
Stitching
  • Elephant curtains for the spare room
  • Nefertiti cushion for my Mam
  • Tutenkhamun cushion for my Mam
Not bad, methinks.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Linda said...

You have made loads! have a great 2010 and heres to more wonderful knits and stitching!

Hellbelle said...

Happy New Year! You were very busy indeed last year, I'm very impressed - and slightly ashamed of my own poor output! Don't think I'll be blogging about that!!

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the meeting tomorrow. I'd love to see everyone and the new place but I've not been out in the car all week because of the snow!

Cinders said...

Wow! What alot of knitting you did!
Ithink my output was very poor in comparison!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Nothing to be ashamed of - you three always do more complicated knits than me. Most of my lot was bog-standard stocking stitch. And quite frankly, I could do plain socks in my sleep these days.