Sunday 25 January 2009

Mish Mash

It's been a busy old week.

Two of my colleagues are American and they decided to hold a party at work to celebrate Obama's inauguration. They were bringing in masses of food - all on an American theme - so a few of us thought we would help them out by baking some stuff ourselves. It's a pity we didn't coordinate - we all brought in blueberry muffins.

I also baked raspberry and white chocolate muffins...



...and chocolate and banana. (They were lovely, even if I do say so myself).



I've finished "Thomas the Tank Engine" - cheating on the face by sewing on googly eyes. I bought three bags of the things - because I wasn't sure which size would be be best - and the BF opened all of them before I could check. So, I can't take them back and now have enough googly eyes to last me a life time.

So, here are James and the Fat Controller on the front...



...with Thomas himself on the back.



Now, I'm on with a baby blanket for a friend. She's expecting a baby in the late Summer so I should have time to do it, but she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl. I'm going for a brightly coloured neutral approach. It's going to be bounded at the top and bottom by rainbow garter stitch strips, and I'm going to do a range of different squares. This first yellow one is done in moss stitch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*steals banana muffins when you're not looking*

blog-blethers said...

'Scuse me while I wipe muffin-induced drool from my keyboard....

Love Thomas the Tank cardigan. What patience you must have had with all those colours.

The Caked Crusader said...

is it wrong to get excited by platefuls of cake? If so, I don't want to be right!