Thursday 1 January 2009

2009 Resolutions

So... this year's knitting resolutions are mainly about using up what I already have and finishing started projects.

1. Reduce the stash.

This year's stash is currently:
  • "Colinette Jitterbug - Lapis" socks for me
  • "Fortissima Colori" - more socks for me
  • "Knitwitches Cashmere Heavy Laceweight"
  • "Lorna's Laces - Mixed Berries" socks for me (Nagini)
  • "Lornas Laces - Flames" socks for me (Fawkes)
  • "Middle Earth Yarns - Captain Jack" socks for me
  • "Middle Earth Yarns - Davy Jones" socks for me
  • "Muskat" to make something for me - dunno what yet
  • "Regia Silk" Jumper for me
  • "Sir Galli" (silk) to be something for me
  • "Sirdar Escape" jacket for me.
  • "Touch Yarns" jacket for me
  • Fairisle gloves in lacewight 2ply (!) for me
  • One huge box of orphan balls
This is a huge reduction on last year's stash, though that box of orphan balls is a massive reduction in its own right. However, I have a plan... a good friend is expecting a baby so I'll get quite a bit used up with baby blankets and booties methinks.

2. No more wool shopping until the stash is reduced - except where required for gifts.

3. Finish "Wave" by Mother's Day and make it a gift for my Mam.

I realised that the only way I will finish this is to make it a gift (because I have gone off it) and my Mam will really like the colours, plus it's in "Rowan Summer Tweed" so it's not like I'm palming off a shoddy product.

4. Finish "Bonita" in time for my trip to Rome in April.



Another one where a deadline will inspire me to finish it. It's my Mam's 60th birthday this year and my gift is a trip to Rome and Florence for her, and "Bonita" will be nice for me to wear while I'm there.

5. Find the missing "Admiral R Druck" second sock that I had started and finish that.



Dunno where that went. It was paused when I started the Christmas presents and I was down to turning the heel. There's a big cupboard that is a likely suspect.

No comments: