Thursday 5 June 2008

An Update at Last

I've been lax but I've also been knitting...bags. And I'm sick of these squares. Actually, that's a complete lie. I should be sick of 'em but I'm not.

However, all good things must come to an end and I've finally made enough to make myself the matching "Bonnie Bag". So, after blocking, this was the layout for making the bag. Looking at the individual squares, I thought they would never make a decent sized bag, but they do.



Sewn up - making sure that the joining thread matches one of the squares.



And the right side around.



The finished bag!



Well, she says 'finished' but she hasn't sewn in the lining yet. I'm going to use up the left over material from my curtains, when I can be bothered to get the sewing machine out. (It's not that big a job - getting the machine out of the cupboard takes about 30 seconds... but in my head it's a huge task).



And there were still enough squares to make a bag for my SIL.

1 comment:

Kai said...

It's a very lovely bag. :)