Sunday 29 June 2008

Doctor Who

If you haven't seen last night's episode (Saturday 29th June) STOP READING NOW.



No apologies for my geekiness here. My next post will be about knitting I promise... though I have included a picture of a knitted tardis.

So last night's episode:

1. Was that a bit of a curtain call for all the Doctor Who heroes? For the Torchwood mob and Sarah Jane Smith, does that indicate an end of the franchise? There is reported to be four one-offs next year and the series is supposed to return in 2010. Does this cliffhanger make thos plans look a little wobbly?

2. Is the Doctor really regenerating? Looks like it to me but, as my SIL reckons, how can they break in the new Doctor over four one-offs. The BF counters this with Rose being brought back for continuity. My mate Andrew reckons it's a tease, but I can't discuss it with my friend Paul because he watches the repeat on Fridays. (Saturday night scheduling always seems to hit his two year old daughter's bed time or tea time. He's thinking about selling her for a reduced fee on Ebay - further reduced if anyone can pick her up before next Saturday).

3. Will the new Doctor be James Nesbitt as certain scurrilous rumour mongers are suggesting? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You may assume from this balanced and unemotional response that I am not Mr Nesbitt's biggest fan. He's in everything. Ok, he was really good in "Jekyll" (another frightener by Stephen Moffat) but he was cack in "Quite Ugly One Morning" (based on the Christopher Brookmyre novel). (Overall, that was a cack adaptation - for a start making the Scottish hero Jack Parlabane, Irish. For God's sake. What's the point of using a novel as base material and then rewriting the flippin' story? Just borrowing the title? Anyway, I'm digressing).

4. Can't wait for next week. Daleks. Davros. Cool.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wasn't it just the best Dr Who!!? My son was nearly in tears saying he couldn't wait til next week to find out! I hope the Dr isn't regenerating, I love David Tennant ... I like James Nesbit too though.

Saira said...

The whole family screamed NNNNOOOOO at the telly after that episode. Lol. I just can't wait for the next one.

Hellbelle said...

We have had a right old Doctor Who fest this week catching up with them all! We had to put the final ep on straight away just in case we saw any spoilers. I was a teeny bit disappointed. Roll on Christmas!