Saturday 12 July 2008

The Back Seat Knitter Strikes Again...

...and he was right.

Remember this? It's the "Retropolitan" cardigan I knitted for my Granda.



The BF told me it was too small. My Mam had told me I should make the smallest size because my Granda is so frail. Guess who was right.

I took it up to Sunderland last Sunday, my Granda tried it on, and he looked like he had stolen a nine year old's clothes. Damn, damn, damn, damn - yes, I was chanelling Rex Harrison in "My Fair Lady".

So, it's back to the drawing board and I'm making him another one. I know I should pull out the yarn and buy some more to start again, but I can't be arsed... so my Mam has comandeered it. (Well, she asked if she could have it, and offered to pay for it, which obviously isn't going to be accepted). That's good enough for me because it's not going to waste.

PS Doctor Who - great ending, though I do agree with Helen that it was a bit of an anti-climax. I'm hugely relieved that David Tennant remains, but it was a sad ending for Donna... though of course, anything that avoids James Nesbitt as the new Doctor has to be a Good Thing.

1 comment:

Kai said...

Aww *hugs*. :( But at least it's going to be used. :)

James Nesbitt?? No way. Not as Doctor Who.