Wednesday 14 November 2007

The Jinxed Jumper

Prepare for more muttering about my Grumble Piece - the "Matros" jumper for my nephew.



As you can see, I've finished the back, and am about to start knitting the front. At last.

Do you notice the bent pin?

That little bugger went into my foot last night. The needle had slid onto the floor and when I jumped up to answer the phone, I stood on it. I swear I heard the skin of my heel split as it went in.

Nothing major but it is doesn't half hurt.

In other news... I'm half way through the second sock of the snot-green "Opal" pair for the BF.

On the sewing front, what do you reckon to this piece of cloth? I rather like it. It's our sample piece for this week's task. We've moved on from curtains, and this week, we has been mostly learning to make cushions.



I think I'm considered the class clown - purely by dint of the fact I'm utterly amazed by every new thing I learn... like if you fold/cut the material down the bias, it's stretchy unlike on the warp and weft. I never knew that! And it suddenly explains bias-cut frocks and skirts.



First stage of our cushion making was cutting bias strips and making piping. I need to get this lot sewn together but we're visiting the BF's parents this weekend for his Dad's birthday. So, I won't be fighting with my sewing machine this weekend. :-)

5 comments:

Hellbelle said...

Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope your foot is better soon!

Dressmaking etc is a mystery to me too :)

Cinders said...

Sounds painful! hope your foot is better soon. A good excuse to put your feet up and do more Knitting!

I'm impressed with your sewing abiliy. I cant sew a button on!

Janey said...

You are very brave, taking on a new craft. Looks like you're succeeding too!

Hope your foot is ok, at least it's an excuse to buy some more pins(+ yarn etc!) just to make you feel better!

Kai said...

Eek.. poor foot. :(

I love the material.. no clue on the sewing side though. It's a black art.

Anonymous said...

Ow. Hope that heals quickly.

I do really like that fabric, too.