Tuesday 31 July 2007

Bamboozled!

Here are the results of my latest SEX. These are "Crystal Palace Yarns - Bamboozle": one pair being "Fruit Salad" and the other "Strawberries and Lime".



(BTW: It's supposed to be an 'arty' picture).

The BF's mum is allergic to wool but loves my socks and when I heard about this stuff (bamboo, cotton and elastic) I thought: "A-ha!" (In fact, Morten Harket was my second crush... Adam Ant being the first when I was five, but I'm digressing).

My work-buddy was around for dinner the other night and promised me the "best Christmas present in the world ever" if I could make her a pair of socks. Now, there's an offer I couldn't refuse. I had already bought some sock yarn with her in mind as a thank you for putting up with my moving-house-woes, but she told me that night that she is allergic to wool too.

I had thought she would prefer blue, as it's the colour she wears most often, but she asked for pinks, "preferably shocking pink". I think the "Strawberries and Lime" match the job-spec.


PS There was a question about how much wool is left over from a "Jitterbug" ball. Using the freebie "Opal" pattern, making socks for a size five foot (45 rows on the foot, rather than 48)... I find that I have a tiny ball left over. There's probably room for an extra ten rows (possibly more) on each foot.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh, I haven't seen that yarn before. I like the colours you picked, too! Can't wait to see how it knits up. I have some Pro Natura--but that's mostly wool, only 25% bamboo--so it's not dramatically different than any other sock yarn.

Linda said...

The yarn looks lovely, I too have not heard of it before.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colours, they will make lovely socks

Take care,

Abbey

Kai said...

love the pinky one!! :)

Piglottie said...

The Bamboozle looks great, fab colours. Thanks for the info re: the Jitterbug yardage. Reckon I'll try ankle socks as I'm a size 6.5 :)

Badger said...

Mmmm, Adam Ant. He was my first crush too, and the reason why the dining room light got broken (turns out you can't swing from a normal pendant light like you can from chandaliers - you live and learn).

Fiona Reynolds said...

Happy to help, Piglottie!

Badger - I couldn't reach the lampshades, even when I jumped off the chair. (Not for the want of trying).

belaybunny said...

how funny, I had a crush on both of those blokes too ;) I used to get told off for jumping off talbes at school all the time (or maybe because I was shouting stand and deliver at the same time!!!) That's very nice yarn, I'm sure it will knit up lovely.

Janey said...

mmmm, I want the pink one!!

Beelzebub said...

Absolutely gorgeous yarn, can't wait to see how it knits up.