Wednesday 4 July 2007

Mardis-Gras

One sock down, one to go... these "Jitterbugs" are knitting up very quickly - probably because I love this yarn. The colours are so vivid and rich and the BF has promised he won't handwash these. (It might be worth putting a handwash box next to the laundry basket).

The colourway is almost a simple rainbow pattern...



Here's a close-up of the sock - just because the stitches look so lovely, and I'm quite happy with the gusset. (Before I started making socks, I thought you only found gussets in your knickers).



Here's the finished first sock - no stalling as with the "Sombreros". I made good progress on the second sock this evening before popping around to my friend's house for dinner.



PS The removal van arrives on Friday morning at 9am. They think it will take a couple of hours to fill up the truck, but I don't think we have that much stuff. It's then the waiting game for bank transfers and keys - I do hope it all goes smoothly.

I'm now on leave - to pack, move and settle in - for just over two weeks. I'm very much looking forward to it. The plan was to go to Alton Towers next week, though with all of the rain we've been having, I'm not sure whether that is likely. Our intention of spending a couple of days in the Lake District may change too!

However, I will get some time to so some stealth-knitting on the BF's jumper for Christmas. He has to go into work for three days of training. That works out very well.

We'll hopefully have the connection up next week but it may be a short while before I post any more updates or do any blog reading. Hope everyone keeps well.

5 comments:

Janey said...

Good luck with the move...hope everything goes smoothly and you're soon settled in your new home!

Kai said...

that Jitterbug is stunning!!!

good luck with the move and the stealth knitting. I have my fingers crossed still that everything goes smoothly! :)

Hellbelle said...

Where are my sunglasses??!

Good luck with the move :)

belaybunny said...

good luck with the move. and wow, I love that sock!!

Piglottie said...

Am loving the Jitterbugs and doesn't it make a difference when you are knititng with yarn you love!? Good luck with the move.