Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas 2009

Sad as it is, I've been sock yarn shopping for next Christmas's gifts. It makes sense to hit the sales early and snap up a bargain on yarn... especially when various family members are making requests.

The surprising one is my ratbag brother who, on Christmas Day, expressed a nagging fear and suspicion that I might have knitted him a jumper. Ha! He wishes! However, in the next breath he mentioned how cold he gets at football matches so would there be any chance of a pair of socks for such occasions, please? I'm actually going to do so and I've worked out that I need to knit eleven pairs - some people are getting two pairs.



Thanks to Ebay, I'm getting seven balls of "Opal - Circle" (the eighth ball wasn't available) for... drum roll, please... £4.49 per ball.

Over on The Black Sheep website... I found four balls of "Rico" yarn (though it's not a brand I've heard of) for... even larger and longer drum roll, please... £4.26 per ball.



Roll on postie visit. Even if the yarn is not for me.

2 comments:

Cinders said...

Happy New year Fiona.
You're well organised shopping for next Christmas!! but some good bargains. For some strange reason I dont need to shop for sock yarn!!!

Linda said...

Happy new year! xxx