Sunday 28 December 2008

Socks!

So, I finished the socks for me. Being as they're pretty garish... I logically decided to make a longer pair than I would usually.



I've also started these for the BF - I love the pattern and have been sorely tempted to nick them for myself.



In other news... all the knitted goodies went down astonishingly well. The BF loves his socks and reckons his jumper is the best one I have ever knitted. Niece No 1 loved all her socks and especially Puss in Boots. Brother was relieved that I hadn't knit him a jumper but has asked for socks to go to the football in next year. (There's a compliment in there somewhere, I think). Mam, MIL and Step-dad loved their socks.

Out of a remote controlled Brum, Thomas the Tank Engine train set, garage, Lego and cars, and much more besides... nephew's favourite gift was his knitted jelly babies.

Praise indeed and proof that our families are not ungrateful yarn heathens.

As for my knitting-related goodness...



...Cath Kidston knitting needles and roll from my Auntie.

...A gorgeous sock knitting book from the BF.



...Louisa Harding's "Knitted Luxuries" from the SIL.

No comments: