Saturday 12 July 2008

Freedom Spirit Progress

I was making great progress with the wrapover cardi before I went away for the week. (Oop North - house-sitting the Cat and keeping an eye on my Granda). I was planning to get it sewn up while I was up there, but there was the blocking to do...



...and, for the more eagle eyed among you, another sleeve to knit. (This is the most use that my floor mat has had since I bought it for using with exercise DVDs).



I've also been shopping, justifying this SEX because it will be presents for my neice Lois. (I'm beginning to wonder whether this is an appropriate excuse for yarn shopping, especially when I'm buying really lovely stuff).



The top on the right is a bit funkier than Lois normally wears - she's a very girly-girl but I think she'll like it. The yarn is "Stylecraft Kon-Tiki" and it's 50% acrylic and 50% cotton. The acrylic gives it a smoother feel than pure cottons usually have. I've gone with the same colours as the pattern because I like 'em (and yes, I am that unimaginative!)



Top number 2, the one on the left, is much more usual Lois-style and it's more of the gorgeous "Sirdar Baby Bamboo", which I love just because they're so soft.

No comments: