Sunday 30 March 2008

New Cardigan (Update)

The cardigan finished drying on Thursday, and I sewed on the "Sari Ribbon". However, I had a change of mind which wasn't at all related to the fact that I don't like sewing.



I think the ribbon looks great on the cuffs but would have been too much around the neckline.


(Apologies for the dirty mirror).

I've just come back from Newcastle. It was my Mam's birthday and I took her to see 'Swan Lake'. While I was there I stealth-knitted some more of the BF's jumper (Retro Big Sweater from "Sublime" in "Jaeger - Extra Fine Merino DK"). The back is now finished and the drape of the finished piece is really lovely. The stitch definition is very clear but knitted up, it still feels beautifully soft. I started the front this morning - it's very satisfying.

7 comments:

Linda said...

That is a lovely cardi, I do like that style sleeve.

Kai said...

The cardi looks great and I agree the sari ribbon may have been a bit much for the neck... looks great on the cuffs though.

Happy Birthday to your Mam.

Auntie Noo said...

I love that cardi..... I thought I did with your last post, I KNOW I do now!!! :) (agree about the ribbon though!)

Janey said...

Beautiful!

belaybunny said...

Lovely cardigan, it's a great colour.

blog-blethers said...

Stunning cardigan - love the pattern and the richness of the purple yarn. The ribbon is just beautiful and sets the sleeve off just-so!

gilraen said...

That is beautiful!!! :) I agree no ribbons :)