Sunday 9 March 2008

Cheap Materials

After finishing the Roman blind for our bedroom, I was very enthused to crack on with other projects for the house... which meant that a trip to Dunelm was in order. I hit the jackpot today - every piece of material I chose was either in the 'bargain bucket' or at the end of a roll, so I scored some excellent goodies.

Here, we have...

1.5m of (double sheeted) embroidered cream cotton - £11.98
1m of chocolate coloured diamante jewelled synthetic stuff - £7.99
1.5m of (double sheeted) lining - £3.36
3m of curtain heading tape - 60p



...And these new curtains will nicely frame the Amethyst Roman Blind - modelled above by the shopping bag I made yesterday.

I also decided that the downstairs loo needs something to give it a feature, so I decided to make another Roman blind - a 'diddy' one as the window is only 84cm x 41cm. I rattled up a blind in this 'Laser - Ochre' (the yellow version of the Amethyst one going in our bedroom), which I bought for £1.74!



So, after just one afternoon's sewing, I've turned this material into a Roman Blind.



Back.



...And this is how it will spend most of its time.

1 comment:

Janey said...

Love that blind! So quick too!