Sunday 9 March 2008

Blind Bag

Nope, not referring to myself.

I finally finished the blind for our bedroom, which has eventually gone from this:



...Via, sewing the dowelling channels in with dowelling tape - I love it when I find a cheat:



...To this:



As there was plenty of material left over, I've also made a shopping bag. I'm trying to use fewer plastic bags and I never have a bag with me when I'm at work - which is when the random shopping trips are made at lunchtime. So, this one will crumple up nicely in my satchel.




It's more like a beach bag, really.

Very simple - two squares of material, joined with a 15cm strip of material in between them both. Then I sewed two long strips of materials into handles, as I do prefer to carry bags on my shoulders.

2 comments:

Kai said...

Love the blinds! And fabby bag too. Great when you have enough left over to make something so simple, yet so darned useful. :)

Unknown said...

I love the blinds! I was thinking of making roman blinds for my bedroom too. Can you tell me if you had a tutorial about it? Also, can you tell me how you're going to attach it?