Saturday 22 May 2010

Project: Garden 2

On a lovely sunny weekend, what could be better than getting some of the remodelling work done?

We were quite excited until 9pm last night. There has been a change of plan. The BF had to shoot off to Lincoln this morning to look after his Mum who just came out of hospital following an operation this week. Where's his Dad? He has had to go to London to visit his Mum who is currently in hospital. It's not good.

Why didn't I go to Lincoln? The BF doesn't want to make a massive fuss as his Mum is very pissed off with being treated like an invalid. Fair enough. We also couldn't get someone to look after the furry little hooligans at such short notice. Speaking of whom, I bought them a kennel last week, so that they can have some shelter in the garden if they've chosen to stay there while we're out.



So, the gardening project ambitions have been scaled back and I am going to satisfy myself with cutting the grass and putting more seed down to attempt to repair the myriad of bald spots.



I've also discovered that the Winter killed off my ladybirds - the evidence being the infestation of green fly on the roses. This lot are in for a shock. The ladybirds are on their way. Ha!



Fortunately, my rhododendrons are looking quite happy.



And I had to buy more sock yarn when I popped into "Hobbycraft" for sewing needles. Ho hum. It leapt into my arms.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh no. I do hope all who are ill/recovering get well soon. Don't forget to take time to lounge in the sun with that nice yarn!