Sunday 16 May 2010

Escape

As mentioned, my colleague Alayne is escaping. I'm making excellent progress with her leaving present - I've finished the gloves and the scarf (in feather and fan) is coming along nicely. Feather and fan seems to be my new favourite pattern, but then, when your repertoire comprises of stocking stitch, anything is a novelty!

'Sirdar- Escape' is a DK yarn so I dutifully followed the ball band recommendation of using 4mm needles. After four pattern repeats I realised I wasn't getting a soft drape and I don't think scarves should be noted for their ability to reinforce scaffolding. So, I frogged it and resumed on 5mm. Much better.

You'll have to take my word for this at the moment, as I can't find the camera's battery charger. If this were an audible website, I'd leave you with some hold music. "Green-sleeves" maybe. Or for Star Wars fans... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4

No comments: