Sunday 7 February 2010

Diary of a Traumatised Cat Owner (Part 4)

So, updating on the bloody poo situation...

I took the kittens to the vets on Thursday. They were not best pleased with me but then who could blame them. They each had a thermometer stuck up their bums and were given an antibiotic injection, plus I was sent home with a syringe full of antiobiotic gunk to insert into their mouths... that went well. One shredded thumb later, I gave up and resorted to burying it in their food.

They were also put on a special diet - cooked chicken or fish. This didn't work out too well at first. They had never seen real food - as opposed to the packet food so they didn't really know what to do with it. Thankfully, my friend Di suggested making a little gravy and grating the chicken (as the kittens are too small to deal with chunks of food). This worked a treat. Thank you, Di.

I tried similar with the fish and though they seemed to like the smell, purring around my ankles while I cooked it... they were less than impressed by the look and taste.

So, yes, I have been cooking food and grating it and making gravy for it... for cats.

They are completely back to normal now - racing up and down their new cat climbing frame. The BF was worried about them being bored. This was only £48 as opposed to some of the overpriced things I've seen in certain pet superstores.



Not quite sure what to do with it.



Hamster on a string!



Hmm, what's up here?



And when it all gets just too exhausting.

1 comment:

Hellbelle said...

Glad to read that the kittens are feeling better. Cats vs medicine is always fun.. not!