Saturday 25 April 2009

Rethink ont' BF's Christmas Jumper

The original plan was to knit the BF "Avast" (www.knitty.com". However, I'm not sure he will be too keen on the yarn ("New Lanark - DK"). While I do tease him about his princess and the pea qualities, I don't want to make him something that he won't be overly keen on.

I do suspect it will be a 'grower' though, i.e. he would hate the idea if I suggested but once he sees it, he will like it... and it's a cardi so won't be touching his skin.

Meanwhile, he loved the "Sublime - Retro Jumper" I knitted for him last Christmas in "Jaeger Extra Fine Merino", and said I could knit him another one in different colours.



Since Jaeger have discontinued their yarn production, balls of this lovely stuff can be found with some searching. I went back to Cucumber Patch (www.cucumberpatch.c.uk) and picked up a batch of "Biscuit" for the bargain price of £2.25 per ball - previously knocking around for between £4.50 - £5 per ball. It's also a fantastic substitution for the "Sublime Extra Fine Merino", producing a beautiful drape in the finished material.

While I love knitting for the BF and he loves what I make for him, he still has a tendency to hang jumpers on the floor.

Pay £5 per ball to make him a jumper? Bugger that for a game of soldiers.

4 comments:

blog-blethers said...

Oh, I think our partners both have the same horizontal wardrobe!

Linda said...

I like that yarn, I hope he appreciates your knits!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thanks, Lin - he usually does. So far, anyway.

Hellbelle said...

Good luck on Thursday :)