Monday 13 April 2009

Some Knitting Stuff

I finished these socks for the BF at the weekend. (I was planning to knit whilst on holiday... but just couldn't be bothered). The yarn is "Fortissima Colori" and I bought it at Ally Pally last October. It was intended for me, but the BF started whinging for new socks and I 'went off' the colourway... so he got his sixth pair of knitted socks.



For myself, I'm on with these...



Erm, well - it would have been except it would appear that I forgot to take a photograph, so what you have instead is a photo of my timber paint spattered arms. I spent the day painting the garden fence and I ended up looking like I had had a henna fight.

Anyway, what I've been working on is a pair of socks for myself (photo to follow). The yarn is the lovely stuff that Cazza makes (MiddleEarth Knitter Yarns). This is another one from the stash and was a birthday treat to myself a couple of years ago. The colourway is "Captain Jack" (from her 'Pirates of the Caribbean' phase) and the yarn is beautifully soft.

The pattern is cartridge rib from "Vogue Knitting's - Ultimate Sock Book". I was planning to do a more complex pattern, that would be more sea-related (something that reminded me of seaweed perhaps) but I wasn't feeling brilliant so went with something more straightforward.

No comments: