Tuesday 14 April 2009

Jollies Update II

Thought I'd present some alternative holiday shots - you can find better shots of the major tourist sites on any holiday website, or in nice books, or if you go and have a look yourself. So, instead...

The seagull sitting next to me on top of the Castel Saint-Angelo in Rome. The Castle was originally constructed as Emperor Hadrian's Mausoleum - him who built the wall, you know.



The crush of people, herding themselves through the Vatican Museum, ignoring the tapestries, the frescoes, the paintings, as they dash as quickly as they can to the Sistine Chapel... where they will talk endlessly and noisily, ringing their pals to say: "Guess where I am. My gawd, I'm in the Sistine. It's like so impressive." Before saying to the people with them: "Quick! Get a picture of me in the Sistine". "Quick get a picture of me next to this statue, and this statue and that statue."



The dumb pigeons in St Peter's Square. I threw them an icecream cone. They just looked at it. I stamped on it, and look how they reacted. Brains of Italy? Methinks, not.



A statue of St Francis in the Church of St Maria in Trastevere. There are hundreds of little letters at his feet and his arms. It looked amazing.



And, finally... Get a load of this piece of chocolate cake. We had lunch in the roof garden of the Uffizi in Florence. Delicious, and the gallery wasn't bad either.

1 comment:

Hellbelle said...

So pleased that you had a good holiday.. and that cake looks amazing. See you next week :)