Tuesday 5 May 2009

It's Curtains....

...Or it will be, once I've made them.

We painted the spare room - Tuscan Terracotta and Apricot Summat or Other, which sounds garish, but isn't. The furniture is all seriously dark wood. Sounds oppressive, but isn't. I had bought material to make cushions (lovely contrasting cream - sounds like a bad dessert, but doesn't look like one). I also bought material to make curtains (though on a rethink, decided that this would be hideous).

I should take a picture of this room. It may help with descriptions.

So I went shopping again. The plan was predominantly cream curtains with a rust coloured pattern. The BF casually mentioned that something along the lines of my Mam's elephant rimmed plates would be good as a trim - a gold, orange and black motif.

I went to Dunelm's. Look what I found.



So, the BF has designed the curtains. The plan is to make a cream curtain - that has some sparkly bits on - with a trim at the bottom.

In other news, I decided to do some Christmas knitting at the weekend and I have rattled off two pairs of socks in "On-Line - Circle" for Niece Number 1 and my Mam. Here's one of them.

No comments: