Tuesday 17 March 2009

Socks for Liz (and Some Socks for Me!)

I can stop grumbling now - I've started a pair of socks for me! Actually, at this stage, nearly finished them.



These beauties are "Colinette Jitterbug - Lapis". I've no idea what has happened to this photo but I am going to pretend I was deliberately taking 'arty shots'. (Oooh, is that the band playing "You Can Believe It If You Like"?). The colour really is this lovely royal blue but the shading doesn't look that fuzzy.

And here are the socks for Liz - I think she'll like 'em.



They're the first pair I've knitted with "King Cole - Zig Zag". It's a really nice yarn - has a higher nylon content that "Opal" or "Regia" and as a result, I think, they're softer. I'm quite impressed. I certainly enjoyed knitting with it more than the "Wendy - Happy". The stitch definition is pretty good too.

No comments: