Sunday 8 March 2009

Sock It To Every Other Bugger 'Cept Me

Can I just remind you that I have made one item for myself this year? I finished off a pair of socks that I started last year. Starting to feel like I'm on a treadmill which is not good when this is supposed to be a hobby. Contrarily, I don't really mind and the peeps I make these things for are always delighted and that's nice.

So, updating on the Sock Front.

I ran out of wool for Thomas's socks. (Yes, I've decided they're for Thomas).



The phrase we are looking for here is, "Bum". So, I raked through the orphan box and found these two.



(Poo - Blurry pic). So I spent the next hour 'cutting and pasting' coloured sections to do a rough match, to finish it off.



Not bad, but not as good as the match I did on a pair of socks for Neice No 1. That was invisible. This looks looks like a grubby toe. And I did manage to drop them in my Weetabix the following morning. Don't ask.



Here's the start of a pair of socks for my friend Liz. I think she'll like them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have said something (or many somethings) a lot stronger than "bum". =D

blog-blethers said...

Excellant retrieval!

I'd still have been stuck in the swearing phase;o)

Cinders said...

most impressed with your sock retreival. I'm taking notes as I think I may run out of yarn on the pair I'm knitting for Hubby!

Love the colour of the purple yarn