Tuesday 3 March 2009

New Sock Wool

Yes, I've been shopping, again. However, in keeping with my resolutions...



...this is for a gift. It's my mate Liz's birthday (on the same day as my Mam's and my Auntie's) and she has hinted that she would like some stripy socks. Her favourite colour is purple so hopefully, the "King Cole - Zig Zag" will knit up to requirements.

I should get those done for the 29th. Got a lot on this month. My Mam's Hen Night is on the 14th. She gets married on the 28th which is the day before her 60th birthday, and she's a twin. And I've nearly knitted "Deep" for Mother's Day. On the 31st, as has been planned for the last eight years, I'm taking my Mam to Rome for her birthday. Feels like I'm gate-crashing the honeymoon but my Step-Dad reckons the birthday trip takes precedence... and besides he's taking her to Scotland and reckons it will be warmer in July.

1 comment:

blog-blethers said...

Congratulations to your mum and what a lovely way to spend her birthday!

I've just bought some Zig Zag too - but your colours is so much prettier than the dark grey/bluey one OH picked:o(