Tuesday 22 April 2008

A Treat to Myself

I've had my eye on the "Bonnie" scarf and bag from the RYC "Classic Weekend" book since I took up knitting again two years ago. When I spotted the yarn in a half price sale, there was no decision to make! However, it's all been in my stash boxes for about a year.

So, here's the yarn - lovely and squidgey:



The scarf is made up of 32 squares and these are knitted in two colours...



Though you knit on two needles, you knit a spiral, forming the square's corners by knitting three stitches together. They're a very simple knit.



...The finished square...



And, the finished product will look a little like this...



I'm planning to be really good and do some blocking before I sew all the squares together; because although they're roughly the same size, I want to make sure that the edges meet.

Only another 16 to go. :-)

3 comments:

Kai said...

It's looking very good! :)

Linda said...

Lovely colour combination.

Cinders said...

Love the scarf squares. i like your tulip top too. I think you're very correct to just knit what you know suits you. I'm still learning on this score! going for stuff I like the look of which in turn doesnt suit my body.