Sunday 3 February 2008

Roman Blinds

I've also started my biggest sewing project. Am I nervous? Oh, yes *nods vigorously*. This is a Roman Blind for our bedroom.

Since starting the soft furnishings class, I've learned a lot and the fact that I have willingly selected a patterned fabric is astounding. My motto three weeks ago was 'stick to plain, or straight lines'.



Of course, if you have good eyesight you will notice that there are straight lines running vertically through the cirles... I'm not quite as daft as I look... and these made cutting the material much easier. I even managed to cut it so that the pattern is balanced at each side of the blind - one of the cool tips from this class, that is common sense but somehow need someone to point it out to you.



After sewing the lining to the patterned fabric, the whole thing needed to be ironed.

The next step is turning the hem at the bottom - folding it to make a sleeve for the weight, so it turns from this...



...to this.



There's obviously more work to be done and this is now my class project for the next couple of weeks... To be continued.

5 comments:

Janey said...

That looks really classy - those classes certainly seem (pardon the pun!) to be paying off!

Hellbelle said...

There's that iron thing again!

belaybunny said...

ooo, good luck with your sewing project - another one hooked on the sewing then?? I love the fabric you've chosen, I must remember that tip of getting fabric with straight lines on it ;)

Anonymous said...

It really looks attractive with that straight linen . We have much more to know about this on roman blinds and i think this will help you more...

Anonymous said...

The photos look nice. The information about royal blind is good. You can get more information about royal blinds which I browsed from the internet may fetch you help.