Monday 18 May 2009

Finally, Some Bloody Progress

I have finished one of the curtains for the spare room. There's a fanfare playing in my head, if not everyone else's. This is going to be a very picture heavy post so if you are on dial up, you might like to put the kettle on.

1. Measuring up - the eyelet tape is my new discovery and a very happy discovery it is too. It minimises the risk of 'wonkiness'. However, there were too many eyelets on this, for the curtains, in my opinion.



2. So, I put the facias in position to see what this would look like with six eyelets instead of the twelve on the tape. I rather liked it so went with that.



3. Drawing the holes to cut out. On the front of the curtain!!! Nothing like living dangerously.



4. Cutting out said holes in the curtain.



5. Completed hole with eyelet facia pushed in. That's my foot you can see through there.



6. The view from the back. The eyelet tape is attached to the back of the curtain, in the same way that ordinary curtain tape is. Next job was to sew it in place.



Here's the room that the curtains are going in.



7. Putting the curtain up.



8. Fanfare please.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks absolutely fantastic!

Fiona Reynolds said...

Thank you, Aberdonian!! Couldn't find a way to email to say thanks.

Linda said...

Well done! I love the rings, great curtains.

Cinders said...

they look fantastic. well done