Friday 1 August 2008

Retropolitan - Version 2.0

So, the original was too small. My Mam has adopted it. My Mam told me to make the smallest version for my Granda, that was too small for my Granda, but it fits me Mam perfectly. Coincidence?

Anyway, as my Mam has the one intended for him, I'm using the "Wendy - Aran", which was intended for a "Samus" cardigan (Knitty) for her, to make "Retropolitan 2.0" for my Granda.



The BF is my model to check chest size and length. You can see (above) that I'm going for a brown cardigan with a 'Blackberry' striped ribbing. The intention is to use the 'Blackberry" for a deep stripe across the chest - eking out the yarn. The good thing is that I'm anticipating this will use up a chunk of this Aranweight I bought two years ago - 400g balls seem very out of place in the orphan box.

PS That's one side-effect of stash-busting... I'm creating a lot of orphan balls. I'll need that book on knitting up one-skein pressies.

No comments: