Monday 25 August 2008

Earth Mother Weekend

I am having an unspeakably practical weekend.

Today...



I have made four jars of blackberry jam, having spent two hours picking blackberries in Reddish Vale yesterday - I have the scratches and sceptic splinters to prove it. Good fun.

On Sunday I baked choc-chip and walnut cookies and assembled a tray of Mars Rice Crispie Cake. The BF is very happy - he denies having a sweet tooth.

And, these photos of rather dubious quality show that I've blocked "Retropolitan 2.0". The damn cardigan is definitely going to fit my Granda this time. It fits the BF so I'm pretty confident it will fit my Granda. Too big for my Mam. I've also blocked the sleeve for my wrap, so I can sew it...



...to the rest of it.



And, (she says, revelling in the terrible grammar of this post - my friend, Apostrophe Girl will be spitting feathers), I've started another Christmas present for Talia. It's another "Stylecraft DK Merino" number, "Alicia" - very simple, and not a knit stitch in sight. It's all purl, with a few knitting through the back loops thrown in.



I'm onto the second sleeve now. Baby clothes are great - they knit up so quickly. I don't knit anything other than baby clothes in cream or white. This is ivory, and I just love how delicate it looks on the needles.

1 comment:

gilraen said...

I am starving after reading your post!!! Yummmmmyyyyy :)