Wednesday 29 September 2010

Meanwhile (2)

It has been another break between posting. I ended up in hospital. Long story short - I am now better: all of the hormonal problems have stopped, no more hot flushes, no mood swings, no weeping for random reasons and the bleeding has stopped. Turned out there was a small lump on the ovary which has been removed during keyhole surgery. I have been signed off work for three weeks(!) but I'm recovering well. So, it's all good.

Anyway, since getting home, my knitting mojo has come back. (I was so unenthusiastic previously).

I've finally finished Shaun the Sheep for Niece No 2. It only took an afternoon - being unable to move very far kept me focused! I have been struggling to finish this one which is ironic because it's a series of quick knits (for each body part) and you can see how much progress you are making.



I've also been cracking on with some random pieces - a pair of gloves for the BF's Tante in "Regia - Bamboo". I have no idea what the colourway is (there's no name on the label) but I think it's very pretty.



And here's a small selection of projects that I have finished. (I have been watching lots of movies): "Sirdar Escape" scarf for Niece No 1; "Sirdar Escape" gloves for a colleague; "Touch Yarns - Cascade" gloves for me; and a pair of "Regia" socks for Dayle to thank him for shifting paving slabs with us.



And then there is this... and I am really excited about this...



It's a TARDIS Sock (by Swallowed by Sky via Ravelry).



This is a really easy pattern to follow though I've made a few ammendments - the TARDIS windows are in panels of six whereas the original does not group them. (I'm retentive about Doctor Who and the recipient (SIL) is even worse than me). I'm also knitting the heel and sock in a different colour (and yarn) "Rowan - 4ply soft" (with some reinforcement) because I don't have enough "Regia - Solid - Blue".

I am unfeasibly excited about these!

1 comment:

Auntie Noo said...

so glad you're feeling better.