Friday 6 February 2009

Return to the Sock

I wasn't in the mood for more blanket knitting the other night, so I picked up the sock I started for my Auntie Jen (and have been working on in our office weekly lunchtime knitting group). Knitting went so well, I finished it, and have started the second one.



It also occurred to me that everything I have worked on since Christmas has been for other people. While the recipients are always incredibly grateful (which isn't the point - I knit for them because I do want to) I think I'm in danger of turning my hobby into a chore. I need to make something for myself.

As luck would have it, I found Basketweave second sock! (Behind a book in the office... ?) So, here it is, and I intend to finish it once I have done my Auntie's.



PS I sent the Thomas cardigan to my nephew this week. He LOVES it was what his Mum said - especially the googly eyes, so the BF is delighted and planning a career in knitwear design, based on the success of this suggestion.

No comments: