Wednesday 20 December 2006

Unexpected Christmas Presents

I arrived at work last week to find a present from my colleague who I share an office with. So, I felt that I should give her a gift in return as she is a lovely lady and great fun to work with.

Thanks to a spare ball of Twilley's Freedom Spirit (Fire) I rattled off a short scarf in garter stitch, alternating between 4mm and 9mm needles (five rows on each). It's given a really nice effect and making the scarf 30 stitches wide has allowed the yarn to self-stripe really effectively.

Pix will be posted tomorrow.

However, as a result of this scarf, I haven't finished the socks for my friend and "Puss in Boots" is going to have to wait for another occasion. I just can't be bothered to race against time for Christmas.

Bah humbug!!! :-)

1 comment:

Kai said...

You've been tagged :)

Tell us 6 weird things about you.. check my blog for the rules (www.yarnmistrys.co.uk)

Have fun!

Kai (from AY forum)