Sunday 10 December 2006

Books

These are two books I bought before my pre-Christmas resolution not to buy more yarn. Besides, these may help me reduce some of my stash so that's alright then.

I bought this because I think I need to expand my stitch repertoire beyond 'rib', 'garter' and 'stocking stitch'...but the real cruncher that made me buy it was...

...the Penguin patchwork!! It's not that I have a thing about penguins (though I love natural history programmes about 'em) but I just thought this was fabulous. I have a baby blanket pattern in mind.


And whilst surfing t'Interweb one day I found this...

It's from a Norwegian wool manufacturer and is chock-full of gorgeous knitting patterns for littl'uns. There are lots of intricate patterns (like the one on the front cover) in traditional Norwegian style and some simpler looking ones like this...

Having read some of the more intricate patterns, I think I need a lot of practice before I give this a bash! :-)

This book is now out of print and I just couldn't get a copy in the UK so I ordered a copy from www.fibertrends.com in the US. The service was very fast and a pristine copy arrived one week after ordering.



No comments: