Saturday 22 December 2007

Christmas Update

Once more... apologies for neither updating my own blog nor popping into see what other people have been up to. Work has been chocker, then there's been the Christmas Knitting to finish and I really didn't have a spare moment to do any updating... and then there were technical problems with t'interweb not wanting to play nicely.

Anyway, I haven't done:

1. Stocking for Lois.
2. Puss in Boots for Lois.
3. Socks and gloves for SIL - but the yarn never arrived from the company I ordered from.

The socks for my Step-dad's birthday (28th December) are still in the pipeline.

However, I have finished everything else, including:

"Relish" for Lois.



"Streamer" is now done (with sleeves unlike pictured here) for Thomas. This was a pleasure to knit. I love intarsia and making clothes for munchkins is satisfyingly fast.



As was Thomas's hat. His mum is worried about him getting cold and he won't keep hats on so she requested something we could fasten to his head (without staples). This is knit in "Sirdar Baby Bamboo DK" and is beautifully soft so, with any luck, this will encourage him to keep wearing it too.



And, of course... the biggie... "Saranac" was finished on Thursday night. I've changed the shaping as it seemed that following the pattern would result in something half poncho / half jumper. To be honest, in the last fortnight I wasn't convinced I would finish it. However, I was in London for two days at the end of last week and this with the train journeys and a couple of lunch breaks at work really helped.



Hope the BF likes it. I'll post a modelled picture once he opens it.

Speaking of opening gifts... I opened an early present from my friend, Arpana - it was "Bags Two". I am delighted. It's not something I would have bought for myself but there are some fantastic bags in there - felted, intarsia, fairisle, woven, satchels, messenger bags and totes. I'm going to have to start knitting some of these in the New Year.

4 comments:

Piglottie said...

Well you've done better than me on the Christmas knitting front as I have conceded defeat :) Love all your knits, especially Relish. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

belaybunny said...

well done on getting all that knitting done. I love all of your knits. Have a great Christmas and New Year!!

gilraen said...

Wonderful Finished Knits, well done on getting them done in time!!

Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Health New Year :)

Hellbelle said...

Great knits there. Well done on getting things finished in time.

Happy New Year!